NERSC Technical Documentation¶
National Energy Research Scientific Computing (NERSC) provides High Performance Computing (HPC) and Storage facilities and support for research sponsored by, and of interest to, the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) Office of Science (SC).
Top documentation pages¶
- Getting Started - Information for new and existing users
- Getting Help - How to get support
- Job Queue Policy - Charge factors, run limits, submit limits
- Example Jobs - Curated example job scripts
- Jobs overview - Slurm commands, job script basics, submitting, updating jobs
- Jupyter - Interactive Jupyter Notebooks at NERSC
- Globus - High-performance data transfers
- File permissions - Unix file permissions
- Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA)
- Perlmutter - A Cray EX system with AMD EPYC CPUs and NVIDIA A100 GPUs
- Cori - A Cray XC40 system with Intel Haswell and Intel KNL CPUs
Other NERSC web pages¶
- NERSC Home page - NERSC news and information
- MOTD - Live status of NERSC services
- MyNERSC - Interactive content
- Help Portal - Open support tickets, make resource requests
- JupyterHub - Access NERSC with interactive notebooks and more
- Iris - NERSC account management
The NERSC Users Group (NUG) is an independent organization of users of NERSC resources.
All users are welcome to join the NUG Slack workspace.